Best security settings for your Facebook account
Views: 6 | mishra mohit | 2018-Feb-01
Steps to secure your facebook account from being hacked.
Keeping your social account safe is much more important than you can ever imagine, and avoiding it from being compromised is mostly possible. Facebook accounts are hacked 600,000 times daily during users' log-in, data as per year 2011 reports. Most of the times, it was a user's slightest fault that helps the hacker to gain unauthorized access to their account. Many people don't even know all the features provided by Facebook to strengthen the security of their account.
Following are some of the things you can do to strengthen your Facebook account's security:
- Assign a legacy contact for your account. After logging-in goto Settings->General->Manage Account->Your legacy contact, or visit the following link: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=account§ion=account_management&view .
- Get alerts about unrecognized logins, and take action about them immediately. After logging-in goto Settings->Security and Login->Setting up extra security->Get alerts about unrecognised logins, or visit https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security§ion=login_alerts&view . Select the option to get alerts at every possible media you have like email, mobile, messenger etc.
- Use two factor authentication. It helps prevent someone to login to your account even if they have your password from a device where you never logged in from ever. Goto Settings->Security and Login->Setting up extra security->Use two-factor authentication, or visit https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security§ion=two_fac_auth&view . Use all options under this section, this is the most important security setting.
- Choose 3 to 5 friends to contact if you are locked out, Your trusted contacts can send a code and URL from Facebook to help you log back in. Your trusted contacts are friends who you chose who can securely help if you ever have trouble accessing your account.. Goto Settings->Security and Login->Setting up extra security->Choose 3 to 5 friends to contact if you are locked out, or visit https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security§ion=trusted_friends&view .
- Try to limit the audience of the posts u make to only necessary ones. Don't share your email id with anyone and also don't tell anyone about the mobile number you have registered on Facebook for your account.
- Strengthen the security of the email account associated with your Facebook account, so that no one can use it to hack into your Facebook.
- If your sign into your Facebook account from a shared computer or anyone else's mobile/computer, remember to sign-out properly and then Delete the cookies from the browser settings. Do the same thing with your email account too.
- Try to avoid logging-into your Facebook or email account over a shared or public WiFi or Hotspot created by your friends or anyone.To learn more about threats of using shared wifi read here https://easypaper.cf/posts/Threats+of+using+%E2%80%9CShared+Wi-Fi%E2%80%9D.
- Don't allow the third party apps which you don't trust to get access of your account details.
Write in the comments section about any other feature or suggestion you know, it'll help others in many ways.
Share this QR code to reach this Post.
Earn Money by writing Blogs and Creating Debates. Register Now and Get Started.
Note: Login/Register to add comments. TO Login Click here. To Register Click Here.